The smallest coin available in the Proof American Gold Eagle Series is the 1/10 oz coin. One of the final two introduced, the 1/10 oz coin debuted in 1988 alongside the 1/4 oz coin to round-out the four-coin Proof American Gold Eagle annual offering from the United States Mint. Today, 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins are available to you online from Wall Street Metals.
- Available inside of a presentation case with a Certificate of Authenticity included from the US Mint!
- Contains 1/10 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- The face value of $5 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Lady Liberty is depicted on the obverse.
- American bald eagles are featured on the reverse
Proof American Gold Eagles have followed an overall downward trend since being released between 1986 and 1988. Each of the four weights in the series achieved its highest mintage figure in its first year of availability, and though each coin saw significant ebbs and flows through the first few years, since that time small upticks have generally occurred in between extend years of dropping demand. Nevertheless, as a proof collectible coin, these specimens should have lower mintage figures to create value for the products over time.
All of the 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins in this listing are available to you with individual packaging and a Certificate of Authenticity from the US Mint. Each coin comes with its own presentation case and boasts impressive visuals that include frosted designs and mirrored background fields.