When first introduced, the ¼ oz Proof American Gold Eagle was one of the hottest sellers in the American Eagle collection. The Silver Eagle has just one weight, but the Gold Eagle series from the United States Mint offers collectors four options when the time comes to buy gold for investment or commemorative purposes. Right now, the ¼ oz Proof American Gold Eagle is available to purchase online from JM Bullion from various years!
- Arrives in a satin-lined velvet display case.
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity.
- Available from 1988 to present!
- Contains ¼ Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Obverse features the image of Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- Reverse includes the bald eagle family design from Miley Busiek.
- Bears the “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint or “P” mint mark of the Philadelphia Mint.
In this product listing you have the chance to purchase a ¼ oz Proof American Gold Eagle coin. The Proof Gold Eagle was introduced in 1986, but only a 1 oz weight was available. The program expanded first in 1987 to feature a ½ oz coin, and the ¼ oz and 1/10 oz coins arrived in 1988.
Each of the coins in this listing is available to you inside of the original US Mint velvet display box and features the original Certificate of Authenticity as well. Year of issue is random, and ranges from 1988 to the present.
Wall Street Metals cannot guarantee which coin you will receive. The year of issue will depend upon the availability of these coins in our warehouse at the time your order is processed for shipping.